Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My first post...

Well, here goes nothing! =) I guess to get this started off, I should probably give some background of the things I plan to write about. I've been in my house going on 5 months now. It's still a work in progress but getting closer to "finished" everyday. Although finished probably isn't the right word because I'm sure it will continue to change depending on my mood, the seasons, time of day...kidding, of course. : )

So anyhow, since we're starting from the beginning, we better get started...sit back, this could take awhile!

I closed on my home in April of 2011 - it was built in 2006, has 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, a 3 car garage and way more space than I need, but I love it! And for the price, I think I'm very blessed for what I was able to get. So anyways - here's the grand tour pre-paint/furniture/decor, etc. Plus I've included some after (more like in-between) pictures that show the progress but not quite the finished product.
View from the street (taken from the MLS listing) - not my car in the driveway. : )
Dining room facing the front door.
View of dining room from front door looking into living room.
Looking into living room from kitchen island. (The air mattress has since been replaced by couches!) : )
My kitchen counter/desk turned bar...I mean, I already have an office upstairs. Might as well use the space wisely! : )
Stenciled pantry.
The backyard - no before & after here, only because I didn't take pictures when everything was blooming and now that it's turning fall it looks about the same as when these pics were taken - oops!
Downstairs bathroom - not much changed (yes I  left the walls the color the previous owner had painted - just looks a little different because of lighting) however, I added the cabinet I bought at a thrift store in Vegas and have more ideas planned.
Downstairs hall closet became a utility pantry with a few cheap & easy shelves.
Vegas/Game Room Themed loft...sorry for the blurry camera phone pic on the bottom!
Laundry room brightened up.
Cool aqua master bedroom.
Looking into master bathroom from bedroom - lighter shade of aqua (same as laundry room).
Pink walls (and ceiling!) are long gone in the office/craft room.

So, there ya go - a few of the spaces in my house and the changes they've undergone...so far. Many of the rooms look even more different than they do in these pictures, but of course, there's still plenty left to do. However, yes, the paint at the tops of the walls has now been painted all the way to the ceiling! As for the dining room and the jagged paint line between the two colors - that will be covered by molding very soon. Although, I think it could work the way it is! Maybe? No? Ok, you're probably right! I'm trying to work on projects when I can - I'm very eager to see all the ideas in my mind actually completed.

For now, thanks so much for taking the time to read this far! I want to give a HUGE thank you to my parents who have been such a big part of me having a home. Though I may have purchased it on my own, I wouldn't have been able to do any of it without their support, love, generosity, knowledge and manual labor! =) I appreciate it more than they'll ever know! Til next time...



2 comments:

  1. Hello my beautiful daughter. Just wanted to write and say what a nice job you've done. You amaze me. See ya. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete